My Son The Comedian

My son has given me a new reason to consider a diet. Since he is only four-years-old I am still his favorite man, the hero and he has every intention of growing up to be me. This would be fine, if it didn't scare the crap out of my mother, wife, sisters and everyone else who is familiar with me.

There really is only room for one Jack in the world, but I digress.

He and I take great pleasure in doing things together. We recently purchased a Scooby Doo shaving kit so that he can shave with me. It has been a blast.

We run around the house chasing each other, ride bikes and play trains. I almost never get to be Thomas. We also play hot wheels, hide-and-seek and a bunch of other games. It is just so much fun to be a kid with him.

Anyway, the other night he was walking around the house with his stomach puffed out. At first I didn't pay any attention to it, but curiosity got the best of me so I asked him what he was doing.

He smiled and said "I want my stomach to look just like yours." I can't wait until his own son/daughter can return the favor. ;)

It was pretty funny and I did laugh, but I suppose that this means that I need to make a more concerted effort to drop some more weight. I am pleased to say that when I flex my stomach I can still see the old six pack. The problem is that when I relax it looks more like a 12 pack.

Oh well, a man has only one life to live and you should enjoy it, and I do, I really do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great story. Children view life with such innocence.

Jack Steiner said...

Children are a lot of fun, aren't they. :)

A Simple Jew said...

Funny - our kids sure keep us laughing every day :)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...