The JIB Awards

I wasn't going to post anymore about this or even put up the graphic, but I figured what the hell. I am pleased to have been nominated and I am pleased to have made it this far. I don't expect to win and frankly I don't blog to win.

When the awards were first announced I had mixed emotions about them. I don't have much interest in popularity contests. I was never the most popular guy, but I never lacked for friends either. And there are things in these types of contests that I find to be less than impressive.

But I also appreciate the exposure to new blogs. The blogosphere to me is a wonderous place, it is a little bit like Disneyland. There are blogs that are like the "A" ticket rides, I just have no interest in them. The topics are bad or the writing is pathetic and painful to read.

There are blogs that are better and more interesting to read and I enjoy finding them. And then there are the "E" ticket blogs. They are blogs that just catch me and keep me. The writing is solid, the topics are interesting and I find that I learn from them. And that is part of what drives me, I love to learn.

Up to now I have not a found a better way to interact with such a diverse group of individuals and to be exposed to so many different thoughts and ideas. So I am thankful and appreciative for that opportunity.

If you are interested in learning more about some of these fine blogs you can

Click here

1 comment:

Irina Tsukerman said...

Congratulations! Good job!

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...