You Should Do More Campaigning

I received the following email:

Dear Jack,

I have been a regular reader of yours for some time now. I really enjoy your posts and have found the interaction between your son and you regarding death to be very touching as well as your normal posts. Until today I had not contacted you because I do not like to comment, not because I don't like your blog but because I don't know what to say.

Today I took a look around and saw that some other blogs are ahead of you in the awards contest. I think that it is really due to their begging for votes and if you campaign like they do you can win. There is nothing wrong with begging for votes, political contests are run this way and I want to see you win.

Please write a post asking people to vote so that you may be among the winnners. I really hope that you do well and look forward to reading more of what you write. Thank you for reading this, I appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Robert Gillman

Dear Bob,

You don't mind if I call you Bob, do you. I appreciate your note and the sentiments and will compromise with you by putting this up. I am not going to ask for any votes and I do not expect to win. Based upon the most recent tally I am way behind, but that is not why I write.

I don't write for you or for anyone but me. This is a selfish endeavor. I do like the comments and the interaction and want that to continue, but the awards will not make a difference in my blogging.

If anything I hope to be exposed to new people and in turn learn from their blogs as they may learn from mine.

Thanks again,

Jack

P.S. What is with Mrs. DovBear and the Red pants.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...