What are Your Favorite Blogs?

From the mailbag:

Dear Jack,

I really enjoy reading your blog. I find your thoughts to be anything but random and enjoy your comments on life. You seem to have a good sense of humor and I am curious to learn if you have any favorite blogs and how do you get so many people to link to you.

Thanks,

Steve

Dear Steve,

I do have a number of favorites. Some I find to be very funny, some I find to be consistently intriguing because they stimulate me intellectually or have similar interests. I don't have enough time to really go through the blogosphere the way I want to, so there are probably some other blogs that I would really enjoy.

Here are some of my current favorites Rishon Rishon
,Treppenwitz, The Shmata Queen, Bloghead and The Monkey Cage.

As for generating more links to your blog there are a couple basic ways to make that happen. The first is to continually produce excellent content. It can be niche, it can be general, it can be news, special interest or humor, but it must be excellent or as close to it as possible. People want to link to things that are of interest to them, so the definition of excellent is subjective.

Another way to generate links is to ask people to link or blogroll you. I ignore about a third of the requests that come in as I like to be more judicious in who I am connected to. Not to mention I try not to blogroll anyone that I do not read semi-regularly.

The other thing that you must do is get out there and get noticed. If you truly want to be linked you must market your blog.

Hope this helps,

Jack

7 comments:

The Misanthrope said...

Is it something we said? We were on your blogroll and now we are gone.

Jack Steiner said...

No, I was unaware of any changes. I am not sure what happened, let me check on that. Very strange.

Jack Steiner said...

No, you are there. Toner Mishap is still listed.

DovBear said...

humpf.

If I can't be one of Jack's favorites, I don't want to blog anymore.

:P

Jack Steiner said...

Dov,

You are my favorite Dominican, but the Jersey thing is a little awkward. What the hell is a jughandle, why not a proper left turn.

The Misanthrope said...

That is so weird. It does not show up on the work computers. I even checked it out another computer that was not a PC. Glad we are still there.

B2 said...

Wow, we are all pretty neurotic, huh?

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...