Southern California Storms


Now that is a rock


This is a shot of a boulder that came down on Topanga Canyon. I have spent a lot of time driving down this road, Kanan and some of the other canyons around Los Angeles. There is just some incredible scenery.

For an urban settting it is amazing how fast you can leave the city behind.

The storms have done a good job of soaking us.

From the article:

"The average amount of winter rainfall in downtown Los Angeles is 15 inches, but nearly 22 inches had fallen as of Monday, including a Jan. 9 record of 2.6 inches, said National Weather Service (news - web sites) meteorologist Bruce Rockwell.

"I've never seen such a sustained event like this," Rockwell said."

Who says that California doesn't know inclement weather.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...