Maybe I am More Interested in the Awards Than I Thought

Ok, time for a confession that comes from a revelation. I realized late last night that I am more interested in winning one of the Jewish/Israel blogging awards then I had thought.

Initially I was a little ambivalent about things, but then I began to get a little caught up in this as did a number of the other nominees. So now that I am part of the flock allow me to say that I would be pleased if I won. I don't expect to because I don't think that I have anywhere near the number of readers that some of the others do, but that is ok.

As I try to do with everything that I do now, I consider what advice I would offer my son in the same situation and here it is. Write because you want to, because you are doing it for yourself and not for anyone else. Put enough effort into it to be proud of your work and regardless of the outcome you can be satisfied with how it all works out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should win it. You spit posts like machine gun fire.

Zeruel

Anonymous said...

I can spit them out, but do they have meaning. Are they interesting or significant. Do they merit further attention. That is subjective.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...