Perspective

As evidenced by my blog, I am amazed by the earthquake, tsunamis and the loss of life. It is not just one country, but many. The number of people/families/countries/places that are going to be impacted by this is incredibly vast.

And while I feel badly for them, I have to admit that my focus is elsewhere. My paternal grandfather turned 90 this past October. In a couple of hours he is going to be checked into the hospital because he is having some health issues. It is not entirely clear as to what is causing these problems, so he is going to be chowing down on hospital fare.

So my point about perspective is that while I feel badly for those other families, right now I am most concerned about my grandfather and his well-being.

What hits you closest to home is generally what impacts you the most. Nothing profound, just my thoughts on the matter.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I hope that it is nothing serious with your grandpa and that he is feeling better soon.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...