The Lion Versus the Elephant

The National Geographic channel is something that I enjoy watching. Most the shows they air are on topics that I find to be of interest. I especially enjoy the shows on animals. I recently watched a show called Be the Creature.

It star the Kratt Brothers who happen to be the hosts of a show that my son watches. It is also about animals but geared for young children.

The particular episode that I watched was about a pride of lions and the way in which they hunt elephants. I found this show fascinating.

It is hard not to be entranced by the elephant, a creature that size is just amazing to behold. One would think that outside of man there really wouldn't be any other creature that would take it on. In this episode I learned that to be a false assumption.

Time after time the 20 or so lions found ways to separate the smaller elephants from the herd and take them down. It was hard to watch the elephant lose, but amazing to see the process. Just fascinating.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...