The Return of Band Aid

This was mentioned in at least two other places that I am aware of TTLB and Wizbang, but I had to comment.

"Sun 24 Oct at 23:30 on BBC Three
BBC Three marks the 20th anniversary of Band Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas - the song that rocked the world."

Band Aid founders planning new charity effort for Africa

Twenty years. High school, I was in high school. Now some of you will look at this and think of me as being a young pup, and you are right. I am. But it is a little surreal to look at a 20 year time frame and realize that it is no longer the bulk of my life.

It was a short time later during the Summer of 1985 that I watched Live Aid at a pub called Champs in Jerusale. I Googled Champs and found an address of 19 Jaffa Street. Wow, it is still there.

I have just a few stories to tell about my time there, Lalos and Pini's Pub. Not to mention Ritchie's Pizza, Pizza Rimini and a bunch of other places. Of course how many 16 year-olds get the opportunity to leave their parents for an entire Summer and then not have a good time.

I wonder if they tried to bring back the original members of Band Aid how it would fare. Let's take a look at who it included:

Band Aid
Bob Geldof- I still think of him as Pink.
Midge Ure
Phil Collins- Doing Disney soundtracks
George Michael- Did he ever recover from getting arrested for masturbating in public.
Jody Watley
Paul Weller
Paul Young
and members of:
Bananarama
Boomtown Rats
Duran Duran- Just released a new album
Heaven 17
Kool & The Gang- Sing with me now "Celebrate just being paid to sing this song"
Spandau Ballet
Status Quo
U2- Still going strong
Ultravox

I hear VH-1 special. Excuse me while I go work on my lines.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, you accumulate more words than any three bloggers I know!

Stacey said...

I remember this so vividly. I still have my 45 record of this and even play it now and then.

Jack Steiner said...

KBB,

I have a lot to say, hopefully some of it is meaningful.

Unknown said...

Bob Geldof IS Pink.

Jack Steiner said...

Yes, he is. It is hard for me to think of him as anyone but Pink.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...