This is fascinating, just so interesting. I had no idea.
"But cone snails are potentially dangerous, especially the fish-eating types. There is no antidote if a person gets stung. Usually, the victim is paralyzed and can't breathe, and is immediately placed on respiratory support in the emergency room. Recovery can take several hours to a few weeks.
In unfortunate cases, a person can die within an hour of being stung. Some 30 people have been reported killed by cone snails during sea expeditions dating back to the 1930s. "
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'." — Groucho Marx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not Dead Yet
Been a whole slew of crazy things that have happened since I last updated this joint. It is not an exaggeration to say I am not dead yet, c...
-
***Third Update- I encourage you to also check out : How Many Blogs Do You Read? A question for those who choose to answer. How did you com...
-
I find this story to be more than a little troubling. Is anyone paying attention to the background of the candidates, or are they just letti...
-
She is pregnant with her 18th child . Yes ladies and gentlemen, the Duggars are back. We first encountered The Duggar Family in the followin...
1 comment:
I'd never heard of these cone snails. Interesting.
Post a Comment