Powell says US will never negotiate with terrorists after hostage murders

"UNITED NATIONS (AFP) - The United States will never negotiate with terrorists, US Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) said, flatly ruling out any policy change in the wake of the beheading of two US hostages in Iraq (news - web sites).

"We deeply regret the loss of these two men who went to help the Iraqi people and my heart goes out to their families when I consider the manner of their death and I extend deepest condolences to the families," Powell said.

"But it is one thing we've learned over time, is that you can't negotiate with these kinds of terrorists," he told reporters on the sidelines of the annual session of the UN General Assembly.
"You can't give in to them because all it does is incentivize them to do it again and, therefore, our policy will remain unchanged," Powell said."

Powell get's it.

4 comments:

John said...

Did you go to Anderson? You posted a comment on my blog, The Straight Scoop, that refered to UCLA.

Jack Steiner said...

Once upon a time I worked there, but it was many many years ago when the Trojans feared the Bruins.

Unknown said...

We were never going to negotiate anyway.

Unknown said...

they have two main factions in this area of Iraq. Only one is being blamed for the beheading. Will we negotiate with the other group? I do not know the answer , , ,

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...