Organization

I have a love/hate relationship with organization. If you are organized well, life goes very smoothly. Projects are taken on and knocked off, details are handled and life just moves.

The problem is that I love being organized it, but I really dislike much of the work that is involved in being organized. It is a contradiction, I know, but that is me. I hate taking time to do all the little things that are required to be organized.

OTOH, I hate dealing with all of the chaos that comes from not being organized. What to do, what to do. Balance in life is so important.

In case you are wondering what my desk looks like, it has several piles of paper on it. But I know where to look for any paper/file you ask for and can locate them within moments.

As for my house it is not as well organized as it could be, but that in part is because of the battle we fight with my son. The little dictator is strong willed, stubborn and frankly much smarter than I am. As soon as I come up with a method of preventing him from dragging his toys all over the house, he counters it.

I am not searching for Bobby Fisher because I live with him. He is three steps ahead of me, how can this be. Ok, I am exaggerating, but I can see that I am going to have to work hard to keep up. I love the fact that he is so smart. I am sure that his little sister will be as well.

What is going to save me is that I am the wily old man, the cunning veteran of many battles. I'll fool them into thinking that I know more than I do and I'll keep this going. Ok, here I have gone and done it again, I have wandered off from the main topic. Another example of B.A.D.D.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love being organized. Each night I make a list of what I want/need to do the next day and I get such a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment in getting things done and crossed off the list.

Being organized is underrated! And NO, I am not anal!

Jack Steiner said...

Shmata,

If I lived in your home I would have great fun adding numerous tasks to the list, it would be unending. Bwahahahahah. Heehee. It just makes me laugh.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...