It is hard to concentrate

Life is funny in so many ways. For a relatively short period of time things had dramatically slowed down at the office. In large part because so many of my prospects and customers left for Summer vacations. It was nice to slow down a bit, but it is also frustrating.

As a salesperson it is hard not to get edgy when things are slow, because it probably means that the money is not going to come in the volume you want it to. Truth be told I never allow myself to feel comfortable because complacency in sales leads to bad things.

Now with the advent of the newest child around the corner I am engaged in a curious juxtaposition of events. Work has gotten pretty busy. It does tend to come in waves, but this is much larger and more intense than other times. Simultaneously I am finding it harder to concentrate as I cannot help but be excited about the impending arrival of the baby. What makes it so challenging is that I haven't any solid idea about when the baby will arrive, just some vague idea of when. That kind of stuff just makes me crazy.

Not that I am not crazy to begin with, I am. But this is a special kind of crazy. Such a huge change in life is just, well for lack of a better word, huge.

So the challenge for me is to try and bear down and do my work as well as I possibly can and hope that I don't have to leave any deals hanging when the baby comes. Family comes first, but it still helps to have those deals come in so that you can feed the family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How scary that you can procreate.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...