A few thoughts

So it is another Saturday night and I am feeling kind of funky, not particularly unhappy or melancholy, but not ecstatic either. Not that there is anything wrong with that, so do I sound like Jerry Seinfeld.

In a short few weeks my second child will join my family in the "outside world" and I'll have one more person under my care. Some people are really concerned about the world, they live in fear of what could happen, what might happen not what will happen. And I am just so thankful that I am not caught in that trap.

I cannot blame people for feeling a certain way, but I cannot accept such a negative view of the world. In part because I had the good fortune to be born in the US and to have done something with my life. When I look at history I cannot help but be optimistic, there is less brutality and senseless death in so many ways.

We do not live in the Dark Ages, but it does feel like it sometimes. OTOH, we see medical advances enable our friends and family to overcome health issues that would have killed them a generation ago. So there is progress.

On a different front I must say that I want to know what the hell Jerry Buss is thinking. Jerry, you used to be the finest owner out there and now you are turning into Steinbrenner. Why?

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...