Kids Who Don't Keep Their Hands To Themselves

My son has been having an issue with another kid at school. All week long I have heard that this boy has been chasing him around the school.

A couple of days ago it progressed to the point where the other kid was pulling his arms behind his back but I didn't do anything because it wasn't clear if it was just general horseplay with boys. When I was in 8th grade there was a lot of that.

And when I was in 8th grade the worst thing that could have happened was for my father to get involved in a disagreement with another kid. That would have unleashed all sorts of issues.

Today the other kid had my son in a headlock and refused to let go. It took an elbow from my son for this kid to release him.

My son came home angry and upset, concerned that he would be in trouble. I was breathing fire and spitting blood because this other boy put his hands on my kid.

I found the email address for his father and I sent him a note asking for him to intervene. I told him Ia am sure this is just a misunderstanding but made it clear his kid can't grab mine. And made sure he knows my son has been instructed to defend himself.

If he asks the other boy to let go and he doesn't, well I want this kid to reap the rewards of not listening. It should not have to come to that. I don't want to see it get physical but this kid crossed the line and I won't have it.

He is not allowed to put his hands on my son. If he can't understand and respect that we'll take steps to see that he does,

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...