A Different Sign of Aging

I went to a funeral today. It was for the mother of a very dear friend. On the drive out there it occurred to me that within the past few years several of my friends have had to say goodbye to one of their parents.

When I was in my twenties I remember going to a few funerals for parents of friends but it was clear to all that these men/women had died at very young ages.

Things have definitely changed, because now our parents are not so young anymore. You wouldn't necessarily call them old, but they have reached that place where they are again in the "in between" place that people sometimes hit.

People in their seventies, I am not quite sure how to "categorize" them. Don't know if there is a need, but when you are stuck in traffic sometimes your head wanders to all sorts of different places.

Incidentally these posts are blowing up on the other blog:


No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...