I Really Should Be Packing

I really should be packing and not writing but I am feeling a bit off kilter so an adjustment is necessary. This moment, this place and this blog are all a part of that.

That is not to say that the mighty blog known as TheJackB does not offer it because it does- but sometimes we need different refuges.

And this blog feels a lot like the kind of home I need at this time. This place is where I learned more about myself than I can possibly tell you. This place taught me a million different things about life and myself. This blog feels like my favorite pair or jeans or the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn.

It is a cyber refuge and one that I need desperately. It is my Fortress of Solitude and right now it is giving me that moment to catch my breath. I don't need much time here. Just a few brief moments and I remember who I am and what I am about.

For a while I think that I might have gotten lost. For a while I became less than I was and not who I should be- but I am on the right path again.

I suspect that there are going to be more than a few hard moments ahead. I have rough waters to sail through and storms to weather but I'll do it and not just because that is what I do.

Life isn't just about survival. There is much more to it than that. I am not interested in living a life in which I just pass through the days and I won't do it.

And when the hard times come I'll do what needs to be done to handle them and then I'll move along and think on them no more.

But for now that is all I can say as it is time for Traveling Jack to resume packing for the next great adventure.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...