My Beard

The tool I use to trim my beard has died and my beard has gotten to be quite unruly. The thing is getting thicker and longer by the day and I find myself beginning to be irritated by it.

Don't get me wrong, there are moments when I really like it. There are times when it is kind of fun. As I have said many times dressed up in a suit and fedora I become Jack the rabbi. Or dressed up in torn jeans and a leather jacket I am more like Biker Jack.

But I find myself growing tired of it. The little things are beginning to irritate me. So I need to make a decision about whether I wish to just get it trimmed or if I should shave it all off.

All this reminds me that I had intended to write a post about Counting the Omer and the practices surrounding it, but I forgot.

2 comments:

Mottel said...

Beards are cool . . . all great men have had them,
Moses, Abraham Lincoln . . . uh me.
Consider it G-d's nudge towards a sefira beard :-P

Jack Steiner said...

I have wondered about that. Saw a burning bush and stared at it for a few minutes. Kept waiting for a voice to come from it, but it just burned in silence. :)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...