OH MY LORD!

I must be in need of serious help. Got the old iTunes playing in the background. It is on shuffle and I am busy doing some odds and ends around the house.

Sinatra comes on and I do an impression of him crooning a few tunes. He is followed by Elvis and I spend a couple more moments pretending to be the king.

And then I lost my freaking mind. I just belted out a few lines from Weekend in New England by Barry Freaking Manilow. WTF!

So off I go racing to the garage to smear myself in grease and power tools. In a moment I'll head off to the liquor store to grab some beer, yes beer. If you see my walk out with a wine cooler please kick me in the ass as hard as you can.

Something is very, very wrong with me. The next thing you know I'll find myself watching The Sound of Music or booking a flight for cleveland.

And now if you'll excuse me I am off to find Barney and head out to the next meeting of the Loyal order of Water Buffalos.

6 comments:

Fern Chasida said...

i like barry manilow but my husband won't let me listen to him. he calls him barely man enough.

The Babka Nosher said...

Hmmm.... My husband refers to him as Barry Man-he-blows. Not terribly PC, but terribly funny.

Anonymous said...

Have you ordered your Mama Mia tickets yet?

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

Ah ha ha ... the Man-he-blows is too good to not say "bravo!"

Just sleep on it before you do anything drastic :)

Jack Steiner said...

Fern,

Your husband sounds like a smart guy.

Babka,

I am beginning to sense a theme. ;)

Miriam,

Sure. ;)

Chaviva,

Sleep is in short supply around here,

PsychoToddler said...

Sinatra is very manly.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...