It is Ray Charles

Good Old Ann Stacey knows that I know better than she does on many things, but even she knows that this is not Ray Charles. It is that one hit wonder Percy Sledge. Ok, maybe that is not fair, but I am a bit fan of Ray's. I went to four or five of his shows and own most of his albums.

Just for kicks here are some links to a selection of his music, some you definitely will know and some you won't, but I like them.

Song For You- I love these lyrics:
"I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for my life, 'cause you're a friend of mine
And when my life is over, remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singin' my song for you"
I Got a Woman

Mess Around- This song is awesome. If memory serves it played a pivotal role in the destruction of the car in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I can't listen to this without dancing in my seat. More importantly, I have to pretend to play the piano. I bet that I look goofy, but what the hell.

Here is a live version, notice Bo Diddley making the introduction.

What'd I Say- Another song that demands that you sing along with it.

Hallelujah I Love Her So

In The Evening

The Long and Winding Road- Not a bad cover. The sound quality in the video is off, but it is not bad.

Eleanor Rigby- Another excellent cover of a Beatles song.

Last link for now, Ella Fitzgerald and Ray
at the Moulin Rouge.

Ray and I have spent a lot of happy and sad evenings together. This music almost always makes me smile.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...