Another Reason To Get Rid Of Cats

HAILEY, Idaho (AP) -- A house cat attacked its owner, sending her to the hospital by ambulance with more than 20 bite wounds.

The cat, a black and white domestic male, went on the rampage Wednesday when a neighbor showed up at the door with a different cat, mistakenly thinking it belonged to the woman.

"She went to the door, and her cat went berserk," Jeff Nevins, assistant fire chief for Wood River Fire and Rescue, told the Idaho Mountain Express.

The woman in her 60s was taken to St. Luke's Wood River Medical Center with what Nevins described as "pretty serious puncture wounds." Neither the hospital nor the fire department would provide any details to The Associated Press on Saturday, or say whether she has been released."

Feh to cats. If I never saw another I wouldn't notice.

7 comments:

Irina Tsukerman said...

That's just mean. : (

The Babka Nosher said...

In my non-blog life, I always have a signature line on my email... my favorite was the following:

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun and profit!

So now you know how I feel about cats. I guess you could say the cat is out of the bag (wait for groans).

Paula said...

You troll! ;)

Jack Steiner said...

Irina,

That cat was pretty darn mean.

Babka,

Smart lady. :)

Paula,

Feh again to cats. BTW, I have blogged about them on a number of occasions.

This Time, Python Eats Siamese Cat
Cat Meat- It is Not Just For Breakfast

My Very Own Bonsai Kitty

What Is Up With The Cat Blogs/Pictures

Anonymous said...

If I never saw Idaho again, I wouldn't notice.

Maybe that's where they should ship all the cats...

Anonymous said...

In defense of cats everywhere, let's just say they are extremely jealous of their owner's affections. Though, I've never had one attack me like that.

Maybe something in the water in Idaho?

Jack Steiner said...

Mark,

Could be.

Sea,

Defending cats? Say it is not so.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...