Creative Writing

I enjoy writing. If I could figure out a way to support a family by being a full time writer I probably would, especially if it meant being a full time blogger. I love doing this.

I also very much enjoy writing stories about all sorts of stuff. It may come as a surprise to some of you, but some of the things that appear here are fiction. Now that I have switched over to the Beta version I am labeling them as Fragments of Fiction.

If you are interested in reading any of it here is a link to a story that I have been working on for quite some time as well as a couple of pieces that I enjoy.
He Put a Gun To My Head
Stumbling Through Life
Me & The UItimate Fighter- Road Rage
Sometimes the hardest part of life is just living
Two Kinds of Pain
The Story of Two Souls
Fragments of Fiction- Version 178

4 comments:

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Yes, but your non-fiction stories, like the our trips around Israel are much more entertaining.

Paula said...

I love writing also. I'm going through some angst right now over what type of writing, if any, I should focus on. Feeling kind of burnt out and tired of the romance genre.

Sheyna said...

I've read some of your fiction, Jack. The story(ies) involving Georgie in particular are quite compelling. I wanted to read more.

You are a very good writer, which I'm sure is partly why I enjoy your blog so much. You've got wit, a unique perspective, a good sense of timing and what I like to call creative paragraph structure. Your writing has depth, which I can't say of all writers. There's an undercurrent of emotion we all share.

Making a living writing is tough, and doesn't always reward those who write best. Sometimes it's all about connections. I write for a living, yet I don't "make a living" with it. It's a supplement, but I can't support a family - or even just myself - with it. (Yet?)

That said, if I can help in any way... resources, contacts (not that I have tons), suggestions for attracting agents, publishers, short fiction publishing opportunities, etc., let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Paula: I didn't know you wrote romance fiction. Do you write for publication?

Jack Steiner said...

Jameel,

:)

Paula,

Angst is good for writers, or so I have always been told.

Sheyna,

Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. I should do more to see if I can't make something happen. I don't have to make a ton of money writing, but something is better than nothing.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...