A Year Later

Virtually a year ago we watched scenes like the one in the video below with great trepidation and a lot of hope. The fervent desire and prayer that the pain of disengagement would lead to something greater and better.



Today I offer my thoughts and well wishes to Gilad Shalit and his family as well as to all who fight on his and our behalf.

A safe return to your home and our thanks for your service. May we all be witnesses to a better time and place. We should live long enough to see a time in which our children wonder why it took so long for peace to come.

8 comments:

The Jewish Freak said...

Today I offer my thoughts and well wishes to Gilad Shalit and his family as well as to all who fight on his and our behalf.

Amen.

Baleboosteh said...

May he return home soon...safely.

StepIma said...

I hope they bring him home soon... and safe.

Anonymous said...

May peace come and may Gilad return safe and sound to his family, Israel.

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Amen...

Sarah Likes Green said...

amen to what you have written.

(crying...again.)

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Jack: That song gives me the chills every time I hear it. Goes straight to my soul every time.

Over the next few weeks I'll be posting alot about my experiences last summer...

Jack Steiner said...

BW,

Amen.

JF,

And another amen.

Baleboosteh,

And one more.

SI,

Let's pray.

Sea,

Without further delay.

Z,

:)

Barbara,

Yes.

Aaron,

good question.

Sarah/Jameel,

It is hard to watch- it is very moving.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...