G-d Told Me To Tell You To Shut Up

I have received all sorts of feedback on several posts:

Religion In Schools

More Thoughts About Same Sex Marriage

Same Sex Marriage Ban

I am going to use one of the comments to illustrate my point.
Man and female he created them, to complement each other. This is not possible on a same sex relationship, is unnatural. You can see the results when people used their bodies the wrong way, sickness. My heart goes out to those who suffer as a result of their assumption that what they do is right because they believe so. God made us,he knows his designs. He knows was best for us.
Crap like this just irritates me. It bothers me because of its condescending and patronizing tone. It bothers me because all too often the people who make these comments have a problem with critical reasoning and logical thought.

It bothers me because all too often they are arrogant enough to believe that they and those who believe are the sole owners of religious truth. G-d sent me here to give you a message. He said to shut up because you are embarrassing him with your ignorant and misguided commentary.

What? You don't believe me. You don't think that I have a personal relationship with G-d. You don't believe that the omnipotent being who can do anything could speak with both you and I.

Look, I don't give a rat's ass whether you agree with me or if you think that I am going to hell. But that doesn't mean that I am going to sit here quietly while you go around spreading misinformation and divisive notions that only serve to offend and upset.

G-d told me that there are multiple paths to him/her/it. G-d said that the best thing that we can do is to try and live moral, ethical lives in which we help each other and stop engaging in judgement. G-d said that he doesn't care if you are a Jew or gentile, just that you do the best you can to be a person of character and integrity.

Oops, got to run now I am being paged on the G-d line now.

1 comment:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...