I Want A Castle

This is a picture of Kilkenny Castle in Ireland. As I mentioned in the title one of my dreams is to live in a castle.

To me there is just something very cool and captivating about it. I don't need a fancy title. No need to be a Duke, Earl or Marquis. I could care less about being Lord Jack of the Shack.

But I do care about having my very own castle. It would be a lot of fun and I suspect that it might help with the discipline in the house.

Just think, if the kids didn't listen I could offer them an extended stay in the dungeon.

Now all I have to do is win the lottery and find a nice plot of land. The question is where to build. Decisions.Decisions.Decisions....

7 comments:

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

We went to visit a Castle, similiar looking to this one in Arandale, England! I said the same thing to my husband!

Why can I not live in such a place? This was 12 years ago.

Today, I am happy to be alive, but would rather live in NYC.

Kate (pereka) said...

Just make sure that you put up a bunch of tapestries. Castles can get mighty cold in the winter!

K.

Anonymous said...

I think that you can actually live in a castle for a time. Don't they have something in England called the national trust where they turned old castles and estates into hotels? Even though it wasn't yours you might still be able to get some of the grandeur under you skin.

Jack Steiner said...

Barbara,

NYC is nice, but I'll stick take LA over it. But that doesn't mean I don't want my castle. ;)

Kate,

Very true.

Amishav,

A short vacation might be nice, but I want a longer run. :)

Pesach said...

You might want to buy One Red Paper Clip.

Anonymous said...

Castles are very difficult to keep clean. Just something to consider...

Jack Steiner said...

Pesach,

I'll have to check that out.

Judi,

It is not a problem. Who wants a clean castle. ;)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...