The Sweetest Kiss

There is a lot going on here at the Shack. Things are a moving and a shaking and I am rather irritable. Ok, that is an understatement I am feeling more than cranky and more ornery than normal.

Last night I played a solid hour of full court basketball. When I dragged my tired ass off of the court I was dog tired. The sweat was gushing off of me and my lungs ached, but I felt good. There is something so cathartic about working up a good sweat.

Tonight I spent another solid ten minutes working out on my heavy bag. It felt good. I made that bag scream and for a few minutes my anger was assuaged.

A short time later I remembered again and the anger returned. As I sat stewing on the couch my daughter toddled over to me and climbed into my lab.

As I looked at her she smiled and used my lip as a handrail to pull herself into a standing position. Needless to say I wasn't thrilled with being able to use my lower lip as a hood, but she surprised me by giving me the sweetest kiss on the cheek and saying "I love you da da" and with that my mood broke.

It is a good thing that she didn't ask for a credit card because I would have gladly given it to her.

5 comments:

bornfool said...

Daughters can always do that to a father. They learn it at an early age, too, don't they?

Jack Steiner said...

Yes, they do.

Unknown said...

All Evan has to say to me is "I love you Ima" out of nowhere and whatever he wants, he'll usually get :)

AS said...

I'm kvelling:)

Jack Steiner said...

Z,

It is nice, isn't it.

JB,

:)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...