My Son The Comedian- Did Seinfeld Start like this.

My son is in the process of trying to understand what a joke is and how to tell one. He understands that they are stories that are supposed to be funny but doesn't quite understand how to formulate one himself.

So in the last week he had told me the following two jokes:

A cat ate a fish and a cow ate a duck.
and
There was smoke in the trashcan
Each time he has watched my face waiting for me to burst into laughter with him. I haven't had the heart to tell him that they are not jokes or funny. He is still young, but I so very appreciate the effort he is making.

He is very sharp and fast on his feet so I have no doubt that in the near future he'll figure this out and start launching his own zingers.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...