It is gone now, it was torn out to make room for an addition on the house. I think that I was 20, which means that the tree that was my hideout and secret place has been gone for 16 years now.
I used to climb it daily, rest in it's branches and use it as a launching pad onto the roof of the house. There was a section in which two branches met perfectly, intersected to form a perfect chair. A seat that I could use for my thinking. A seat that was comfortable and it allowed me enough comfort to sleep, to nap.
It was my sanctuary, my fortress and the place I hid from the world in. My tree is gone now, forever removed from the earth, but eternally burnt upon my mind.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'." — Groucho Marx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not Dead Yet
Been a whole slew of crazy things that have happened since I last updated this joint. It is not an exaggeration to say I am not dead yet, c...
-
***Third Update- I encourage you to also check out : How Many Blogs Do You Read? A question for those who choose to answer. How did you com...
-
I find this story to be more than a little troubling. Is anyone paying attention to the background of the candidates, or are they just letti...
-
I know that there are at least two people in the blogosphere besides myself that remember Richies Pizza in Jerusalem, Jameel and Trep . But...
3 comments:
the giving tree....
Yep, it was my very own Giving Tree. We read that story to the children sometimes.
At least you can return to it in your mind.
Post a Comment