Blogging- What Do You Really know about the Blogger

Doctor Bean listened to my most recent audio post and said "You sounded very confident and funny, and I guess your written posts had a very different "voice" in my head. Hmmmm..."

This made me wonder just how well someone can get to know us through our our blogs. What do they see, how much of our personality are we able to expose, assuming that we are ready and willing to try and share it.

If your loved ones read your blog, do they recognize it to be you, or are your innermost thoughts different from the facade you show to the world.

I am not sure, this is something that I need to think about. From my perspective as the blogger it would seem to me that my posts would provide you with some insights about me. I am a father, married, Jewish, independent, pro-Israel, have a sense of humor and interested in politics and the world.

That is what I think someone would take from my blog, but here are some things that I hope people would take from it.

I am thoughtful, wise, intelligent, loving, caring, and kind.

I am one of those people who generates strong feelings, people tend to really like or really dislike me. There is not too much middle ground. And I really am generally ambivalent about what other people think about me. There are the few whose opinions I treasure, but beyond that I learned long ago that I am not likely to win any popularity contests and I am ok with that.

So you might ask why I would want to be viewed as
thoughtful, wise, intelligent, loving, caring, and kind. If I don't care what people think, why does it matter. Well, I don't have a great answer other than I want my children to have a father who is all of these things because to me they are components that are needed to be a great parent.

If I am honest in my posts and if people see me that way in theory I just might be the guy that I hope to be, the person that my children deserve.

3 comments:

Elianah-Sharon said...

This is one reason why I have never listened to your audio blogs...I have your voice in my head and I am maybe a little afraid to disturb that.

A Simple Jew said...

Your voice was much deeper than I imagined.

Jack Steiner said...

Hi SJ,

You should hear my voice in the early AM or when I am a little hoarse. It is a couple of octaves deeper than it sounds on the blog.

Z,

I can appreciate that, sometimes it is easier to maintain the image in your head and sometimes once the image is smacked by reality you feel like you have a better handle on things.

One thing I can assure you is that no one ever mistakes me for being a woman.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...