Young children

I had intended to get to rest, rather get to bed earlier this evening. I really meant to, I have been so tired and so rundown that I have been falling asleep at my desk.

But people plan and G-d laughs. And believe me, he is laughing now. It is roughly midnight and I am wide awake, well not wide awake, but awake. My baby girl has decided that now is a fine time to be awake and this means that in a few moments I'll be taking my shift of pacing with my bundle of joy. I can't wait until she is 15 and I can walk into her room at 6 am on a Saturday morning.

Or maybe I'll serenade her in front of her friends. Not very cool, but fun to think about now. And while I am talking about young children may I add that I find myself humming songs from The Wiggles, Thomas the Tank Engine and Bob the Builder.

Oy, what has happened to me. I love being a father, but must I be innundated all day with this kind of nonsense. I guess that the answer is yes. Time to run, baby needs me.

4 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

We took my son to see Thomas last year. He loved it. It was fun, but it is such a racket. They try and charge you to take pix with Thomas. It was something like $15 a pop or so.

WendyCity Productions said...

My dad was different... he used to ambush me with his camera while I pretended to sleep, in my little pink pajamas and mussed-up hair, and took photos of me. Truth be told, I was a little Super Model wanna be, even at 5. I loved that he took all those pictures of me. He passed away when I was 21 (and he 47) and I cherish his view of me through his lens. I also recall he played a lot of records so to this day, my favorite artists are Simon & Garfunkle, and John Denver's song "Calypso" (about Jacque Cousteau's boat). "Aye, Calypso, I sing to your glory...." It's funny what we remember about our parents.

Stacey said...

I love Simon & Garfunkel, too. I just saw them in concert a few weeks ago. They were amazing. And John Denver. I'll never forget the day I heard that he died. I was driving to work and had to pull over. BTW, I still put on my leotard and ballet slippers and dance to Calypso. :)

Jack Steiner said...

I sing to my children sometimes. They are too young to realize that dad's singing is as popular as a banshee shrieking at night.

I wonder sometimes what they'll think of me. Maybe I'll write a post on that.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...