Books and Newsletters

I have a number of professional goals that are tied into this blogging gig. I alluded to some of them over here but in case you haven't had the chance to read that post let me sum it up for you.

Kindle Singles, ebooks and "real books."

I want to take my writing and publish it in all of the formats I just mentioned. As part of the process I am working on building a platform that initially will be tied into the main blog. If it works the way that I want it to it will eventually need its own space, but we are not at that point yet.

Right now we are working on learning how to walk so that we can move on to the learning how to run stage. This is why I anticipate that I am going to create a newsletter that I'll use to connect with the people who are most interested in my writing.

At the moment I am exploring different newsletter providers like Mailchimp and Aweber and starting to figure out how to build my list of subscribers.

If it works the way that I want it to this newsletter will be a very useful tool that will help me connect with more people as well as provide a practical tool for growing traffic and building awareness.

Some people are content to pass the days now in places and relationships that are unfulfilling. I am not one of them. I don't want to dream my life away. I want to live my dreams and that is why I am taking action. That is why I am taking control.

I would rather try and fail than fail to try.


No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...