Last Call

Been thinking a lot about The Wisdom of Words and the pieces that those fragments came from. There are so many stories contained within Fragments of Fiction. A million different tales that share a common theme. There is a book and a movie to be written from it and a play too. The question is not can I, but will I. What am I willing to do to make it happen and if I cannot, then what.

In the quiet of the night I can provide a few answers. I will push to make some of these things happen. I see possibilities and potential and I feel a need to answer a call. This is a period of transition and the steps that I take now will either leave echoes of sadness or the gift of opportunity answered. That doesn't mean that I expect that all of my dreams will suddenly morph into reality, far from it. But it is far worse not to try and to feel the sadness that comes from failure caused by fear of action.

And now some music from places both far and near with a few lyrics scattered throughout it all.

Who Wants to Live Forever- Queen
Who Wants to Live Forever- Sarah Brightman
Honor- The Pacific Soundtrack
Always On My Mind- Willie Nelson
Seven Spanish Angels- Willie Nelson and Ray Charles
I Can Love You Like That- John Michael Montgomery
Bridge Over Troubled Water- Simon and Garfunkel

"Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend
I want to guard your dreams and visions
Just wrap your legs round these velvet rims
And strap your hands across my engines
Together we could break this trap
Well run till we drop, baby well never go back
Will you walk with me out on the wire
`cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider
But I gotta find out how it feels
I want to know if love is wild, girl I want to know if love is real"
 Born To Run- Bruce Springsteen

"Show me how you do that trick
The one that makes me scream" she said
"The one that makes me laugh" she said
And threw her arms around my neck
"Show me how you do it
And I promise you I promise that
I'll run away with you
I'll run away with you"
 Just Like Heaven- The Cure

"They held each other tight as they drove on through the night they were so excited.
We got just one shot of life, let's take it while we're still not afraid.
Because life is so brief and time is a thief when you're undecided.
And like a fistful of sand, it can slip right through your hands."
Young Turks- Rod Stewart

"And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me."
Danny Boy

"And being apart aint easy
On this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy
Of rediscovering you
Oh girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours...faithfully"
Faithfully- Journey

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...