Just Out Of Reach

If life is like riding on a carousel then I am riding a broken pony. Up and down, up and down, up and down, circle once, circle twice and circle again. Sounds like the directions to a bad skin flick. Get ready for that money shot, give me a big smile now.

Oorah, hooray and boola boola.

I don't know what the hell I am saying or what that last line was supposed to mean. What I do know is that I am feeling a bit crazed. Got 1,298,876 projects that are all coming due this week. When it rains it pours. Why these couldn't be spread out over a couple of weeks I don't really know.

What I do know is that God gave Noah a warning and time to build an ark. Time or an ark would have made a nice Chanukah gift. I wouldn't have been as excited as the dark haired beauty when she received her easy bake oven or the doll that she thought was an American Girl. And might I ask how the hell this five year old knows about American Girl dolls.

Elvis is singing Viva Las Vegas now. Every time I hear this I feel like standing up to do some sort of crazy dance. It is of course the kind of dance that I would only do in the privacy of my own home 'cuz it would look ridiculous. On a side note every time I drive into Vegas I put that on the stereo. It is cheesy, but it is fun.

The dark haired beauty looked up at me with those dark eyes and gave me the sort of hug that makes me think she can have whatever she wants or that she needs to be locked up in a tower. Got to keep those boys away from her.

Her older brother is undergoing intensive training that would make special forces cry out for help. His instructor is yours truly.

Last night he received some pretty cool Lego sets to build. Let's hear it for an effusive display of exuberant joy. The guy jumped up and looked like he was re-enacting that scene from Flashdance, you know, Maniac.

Or maybe it is me, maybe I am the maniac.

Without a doubt I am a juggler. I didn't go to school for this. I haven't any formal training. They just started throwing balls at me and a word of caution that it would be bad if I dropped one. You know, the whole "don't cross the streams" bit.

So I thanked them for that helpful safety tip and went about my business. Speaking of business that is what is driving me crazy right now, the inspiration for this post. I have so much going on that my head is spinning. What I really want to do is that thing Bugs Bunny does. You know how he goes a little meshugah and starts bouncing off of the walls.

But since in theory I am a grown up I decided to take a moment to catch my breath and set up a plan. And that my friends is what I am doing now. I am catching my breath because in a moment I will fling myself back into the breach.

I'll go do what I can to hold off the hordes. I'll saunter on out armed with my sword, a cocky attitude and give them all I have.I  rather expect that it will look similar to this. (My apologies for the poor quality of the video and the Chariots of Fire music, but you get the general idea.).

And now my friends I bid you adieu, at least until I can't take any more and I come back for another break. Did I ever tell you that I am working 27 hours a day now. Whew.

2 comments:

Tallit Katan said...

Thank you for the interesting post and Happy Hanukkah!

Jack Steiner said...

Any time. Usually people pay me to advertise here. Chag Sameach.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...