Name A Song That Makes You Cry

It is the return of Name a Song That Makes You Cry. One year later I am curious to see if you have new songs to add to the list. Here is what we came up with last year.

One more thing, I haven't totally vetted the videos, I really just tried to make sure that the song was being played in it.

More to come:

Everybody Hurts by REM
Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt
Visions of Paradise- Mick Jagger
Shostakovich's 5th Symphony
Stars and Stripes Forever
Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning-Alan Jackson
This One's For You-Barry Manilow
The Partisan -Leonard Cohen
The Circle Game- Joni Mitchell
Skin- Rascal Flatts
Schindler's List Theme-John Williams
Ordinary Miracles - Amy Sky
Dante's Prayer-Loreena McKennitt
Same Old Lang Syne-Dan Fogelberg
Father of Mine- Everclear
Hatikva
Cool, Cool River -Paul Simon
Cat's In The Cradle -Harry Chapin
My Little Town -Paul Simon
At Seventeen- Janice Ian
Roll Me Away-Bob Seger
Carmina Burana-Carl Orff
Heroes- David Bowie
Malibu- Hole
Say Yes- Elliott Smith
Whiskey Lullaby- Braid Paisley and Allison Kraus
The Living Years- Mike and The Mechanics
Brokedown Palace-The Grateful Dead
Where've You Been- Kathy Mattea
Alone again naturally - Gilbert O'Sullivan
The lady of Shalott -Loreena McKennitt
Mansions of the Lord- West Point Glee Club
Madame Butterfly "Tu, Tu, Piccolo Iddio!- Maria Callas
My Yiddishe Mama-Yosef Rosenblatt
Father of Girls- Perry Como
For Good- Wicked
Even Now- Barry Manilow
Vanishing- Mariah Carey
Lullaby-Billy Joel
When a Man Loves a Woman- Percy Sledge
Good Riddance (Time of your Life)- Green Day
Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Green Day
What hurts the most - Rascal Flatts
Love without End Amen- George Strait
Hold me now- Johnny Logan
We've got tonight- Bob Seger

13 comments:

Val said...

I hadn't heard of some of these before and silly me just HAD to click on them. OY... sitting here crying. Yep, they do!

Juggling Frogs said...

Al kol eleh

SuperRaizy said...

When I was a teenager, it was "When a Man Loves a Woman". When my kids were babies, it was "Sunrise, Sunset". Now that I'm getting old, it's "Happy Birthday to You".

One Wink at a Time said...

Shoot! I came here in a hurry and this is a cool post that I need time for. I'll be back when time permits...
Real quik, tho, I've lost my L.M. cd with Lady of Shalott on it which I LOVED so much that I bought the print of John Waterhouse's painting of her and it hangs over the mantle in my livingroom.
You have good taste (well, besides Barry M.) and great wherewithall (is that a word?) Ok, fortitude? It's hard work linking to all those vids. Only a crazy person would do that. ;-P

Mr Lady said...

You have At Seventeen on the list. There is a reason we met, for sure. :)

Jack Steiner said...

Hi Val,

We aim to please.

JF,

Been looking for a good version to link to, but haven't found one yet.

Raizy,

It is hard to be 32. ;)

Wink,

I'd like to buy property in Fortitude, I hear that the prices are about equal to perseverance.

Mr. Lady,

But of course. ;)

Anonymous said...

I have two:

Oof Gozal by Arik Einstein (even more than Sunrise, Sunset)

Hold Me Now by Johnny Logan (Eurovision Song Contest winner some 10 years ago)

Anonymous said...

OMG Hold me now made me cry so much as a kid, even more so now.

one song that makes the tears flow is bob segers we've got tonight/. i dont know why, but it gets me everytime.

Anonymous said...

terry jack's seasons in the sun

Jack Steiner said...

Bob is great.

Anonymous said...

Bell Bottom Blues - Derek and the Dominos
Angel - Fleetwood Mac (This line specifically always makes me sad: "I still look up, when you walk in the room. I've the same wide eyes, now they tell the story.")

Jack Steiner said...

Derek and The Dominos- always loved Clapton.

Anonymous said...

thank you

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...