Food For Thought

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Winston Churchill

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
Samuel Johnson

Victory belongs to the most persevering.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Success in the affairs of life often serves to hide one's abilities, whereas adversity frequently gives one an opportunity to discover them.
Horace

2 comments:

Leora said...

Hey, Winston. I'm working on standing up for myself. But do I have to create enemies in doing so?

Mr. Aristotle, I like what you have to say. I will try to make watercolor painting a habit.

Mr. Johnson, OK.

Napoleon, short people got no reason...

Horace, sounds kind of like Winston...

Jack Steiner said...

Horace and Winston are brothers.;)

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...