A Bullet Proof Toilet


Because when you have got to go, it doesn't matter whether you are in Baghdad, Kabul or cleveland.

"Since the 911 incident, many countries have stepped up their defense against terrorism. For instance, Beijing’s Zhongguan Village square has come up with an innovative product: a bulletproof public toilet! Costing about US$100,000, this special toilet’s exterior remains intact even if ordinary TNT is detonated within.

Initially, the instructions were all written in English and French and hence locals were afraid of entering or using it. However, on August 25th, the instructions were converted to Chinese but the public toilet still remains unpopular."

Click here for the Neatorama link.

4 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

I could have used that when my kids were little and tried to follow me into the bathroom...that's one way to keep out the riffraff.

Soccer Dad said...

Reminds me of the cast iron bathtub from Lethal Weapon! That was blast proof.

kasamba said...

It's clearly a wise investment!

Jack Steiner said...

CM,

I know the feeling.

SD,

I used to really like those movies. Right now Mel leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Kasamba,

It is not a shot in the dark.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...