A Few More Random Musings

I like to debate and I like to argue. I like to get the last word, but what does it all matter. I sometimes hold a grudge.

I like Pepsi and I like coke.

When I was a younger man, so much younger than today I never need anyones help in any way. But I still needed ice cream.

A good pizza, a good beer and a clear summer night- this is the recipe for a good time.

I miss being able to eat with reckless abandon. I miss being able to survive for months at a time on 3 hours sleep. I don't miss being a poor college student.

People I would have liked to have met:

King David, Samson, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, Shoeless Joe Jackson, David Ben-Gurion, Casey Stengel, Harriet Tubman, Teddy Roosevelt, Ghandi, Winston Churchill, Julius Caesar, Leonardo Davinci, Galileo, Shakespeare, Mark Twain, Edgar Allen Poe, JRR Tolkien, and Benjamin Franklin. There are others.

If I had a hammer there might be a hole in the wall I am staring at.

Three Blind Mice, see how they run. What are the odds of finding three blind mice? What are the odds of finding all three together?

If I could relive a year of my life it would be 1988, or maybe 1985.

If I could go back in time I'd be rich.

If I could still dunk a basketball I still wouldn't be in the NBA.

If I had to pick one movie to watch I might have to poke out my eyes. I don't know if I can do that.

I once hit a guy in the head with the bible. It was in a hotel courtesy of The Gideons. I don't know who the hell they are but they do get around.

5 comments:

Ray Bridges said...

Funny, in a poignant sort of way.

Pragmatician said...

definitely the most diverse pots I've read in a while.

Jack Steiner said...

Houston- Sometimes I just babble.

Mirty- Nope, never read him.

Prag,

That is why I call this place random thoughts.

Richmond said...

Wow. How did you manage to pick your one year to relive?? I can't quite put my finger on one....

But I wouldn't mind rewinding to the *body* I had in either one of the years you mentioned.

Jack Steiner said...

Mirty,

That was interesting.

Richmond,

Actually it would be 1987-88 which was my freshman year of college. It was a hell of a lot of fun. Just good times and great memories.

Freedom, I remember the freedom and so much else.

Things are great now, but there are those days where I miss being 19.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...