Roy Orbison- Music of my Evening

I am sitting here listening to him sing Crying. His voice was so haunting. Some of his music is just so beautiful.

And for your review I present a sample of the songs I listened to this evening. I love the shuffle feature on iTunes.
Ain't That a Kick in the Head
Dean Martin
All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight
Hank Williams Jr.
Always On My Mind
Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson
As Good As I Once Was
Toby Keith
Pata Pata
Miriam Makeba
Distant Green Valley
The Silk Road Ensemble & Yo-Yo Ma
King Without a Crown
Matisyahu
Somewhere I Belong (Radio Version)
Linkin Park
Precious
Depeche Mode
Time to Say Goodbye
Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman
The Breaking of the Fellowship (Featuring "In Dreams")
Howard Shore The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring
Visions of Paradise
Mick Jagger
Keep Hope Alive
The Crystal Method
World On Fire
Sarah McLachlan
This is Radio Clash
The Clash
Where the Streets Have No Name (Live from Rotterdam)
U2
Seven Drunken Nights
The Dubliners
I'm Too Sexy
Right Said Fred
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Bob Dylan
How Soon Is Now
Morrissey
The Battle
Harry Gregson-Williams The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
When the Heartache Is Over
Tina Turner
You're the One That I Want
John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John
Young Turks
Rod Stewart
What's Going On
Marvin Gaye
Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
Allan Sherman
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
The Beatles
Burn Down The Mission
Elton John

8 comments:

Pragmatician said...

Love Your're the one that I want!
and "Pata Pata" looks like a title I might like.

Soccer Dad said...

Recently I've heard Down the Line by the traveling Wilbury's a number of times. What I marvel at in that group is how (I think) it worked despite having one of the most beautiful voices in rock/popular music (Orbison)+ 2 of the worst (Dylan, Petty).
Maybe I'll blog about it sometime!

Stacey said...

Roy Orbison is one of my favorites. Crying is an awesome song. I love Only the Lonely, too, and so many others of his.

cruisin-mom said...

Jack, you have the most ecclectic taste in music...I love reading your shuffle list. Travelling Wilbury's are great...I love the voices of Tom Petty and Dylan.

Soccer Dad said...

I do like the Traveling Wilbury's but no one would consider Petty and Dylan as having great voices!

cruisin-mom said...

Hi David: if you notice, I didn't say they had great voices, I said I love their voices...I totally agree with you...it is the heart and soul that you hear in their voices that makes them great, definitely not the quality!

Jack Steiner said...

Prag,

Pata Pata is a lot of fun.

David,

I always have enjoyed the Traveling Wilburys.

Stacey,

Yes.

Randi,

Maybe I'll share some more tonight.

Stacey said...

Have had The Traveling Wilbury's "Handle Me With Care" in my mind all day. Haven't heard that song in so long. It's such an awesome one!

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...