Quotes That I enjoy

I really like these.

The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
– Abraham Lincoln

Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.

– Thomas Edison

When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this. You haven't.
– Thomas Edison

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
– Albert Einstein

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
– Gen. George S. Patton

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.
– Wayne Gretzky

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time-a tremendous whack.
– Winston Churchill

5 comments:

Jerusalemcop said...

hey jack,

hope you dont mind, but i liked ur abe lincoln quote and have copies it to my site. Thanks

J.

Jack Steiner said...

Hi J,

Be my guest. I don't have ownership over things like that. :)

stc said...

Great compilation, Jack. Thanks for sharing it.

Mary P., who home schooled her children until grade four or five, will love your quote about school.
Q

Soccer Dad said...

Other than THAT Mrs. Lincoln how was the play?

(I know it's sick.)

Jack Steiner said...

Hi Q,

I am glad that you enjoyed them. I happen to be a big proponent of formal education, but I also think that it presents some tremendous obstacles to learning. It is hard to give students the attention they need.

David :)

Not Dead Yet

Been a whole slew of crazy things that have happened since I last updated this joint.  It is not an exaggeration to say I am not dead yet, c...