Eternal Life

Ok, before some of you go off half-cocked this is not about religion but a comment about how many things I want to do, how much life there is to live.

There are so many things to do and so many places to see. There are times when I wish that I could live forever so that I could do these things. It makes me think of Highlander, without the swords of course. On a sidenote, Highlander reminds me that Sean Connery has played a Spaniard and a Russian who just happens to have an accent that sounds somewhat British. Hmm...

See, here is the deal. I want to have time to learn multiple languages. I would be very pleased to speak 14 or 15 fluently. And I'd like to be able to live in a number of different places long enough to really become a part of them, to be there long enough to understand the culture in a way that a passing fancy doesn't allow.

I'd write hundreds of books, become a Master Smith, an expert marksman and a gourmet chef. I wouldn't just be a master sommelier, I'd own a hundred vineyards and experiment with many wines. I'd start 10 or 12 breweries and I'd learn how to fly a plane, become an astronaut and become a psychologist so that I could cure Lynne.

And then just for kicks I'd go and live in the wild for years at a time and learn how to really speak with the animals.

There are so many things that I wish that I could do and so little time. Even if I had all of Bill Gates money I'd never have the time to do it all. I can live with that, but I do admit to wishing that I could have a life that lasts longer than 130 years.

7 comments:

Pragmatician said...

Eternal (youht)life, it's not a new desire it has been going around since the beginning of times.

Stacey said...

and become a psychologist so that I could cure Lynne

LOL....she is beyond any cure. The woman (or man) is completely bonkers.

Jack Steiner said...

Pragmatician,

This is true, but I have my own reasons.

Miladysa said...

I love Highlander and Sean.

I think that we do get the chance to experience all we wish to but perhaps not in one lifetime?

Thank you for your kind wishes, much appreicated :)

Jack Steiner said...

I think that we do get the chance to experience all we wish to but perhaps not in one lifetime?

I like the way that sounds.

Neil,

I enjoy cooking.

MC Aryeh said...

I would settle for 120. I think you'd be surprised by how many of those things you actually could accomplish! Having dreams yet to fulfill makes life exciting...

Jack Steiner said...

Whatever it is, 120, 130 or 150 I hope that in the latter days there is a good quality of life.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...