Things that Frighten Me

In honor of Halloween I am going to reprise last year's list.

This a list of things that have frightened me in my life. Some are still relevant and some are not. But I thought that it might be interesting to just throw them all out there to see what they look like during daylight hours. P.S. I have explanations for all of these, but I may not include them on the list. Why? I just don't feel like it. :)

  1. The Dark
  2. The Amityville Horror scared me.
  3. Oscar the Grouch
  4. Bigfoot- The one from the Bionic Man television Show. He gave Steve Austin plenty of trouble.
  5. The Creature in the Legend of Boggy Creek
  6. A couple of dogs that chased me on my paper route.
  7. The homeless guy from the park.
  8. V.L.- He and I got into a fight in high school. I pretty much kicked his ass up and down the corridor, but I do remember shaking with adrenalin afterwards. For about two weeks I was concerned that I was going to have to face him and his older brother again.
  9. Having my heart broken again
  10. Breaking someone's heart
  11. Not being able to provide for my family
  12. Letting my children down
  13. Not making it to the bathroom in time.
  14. Finding out that I have a child that I didn't know about.- Ladies this is never a problem for you, but we men wonder about this sometimes.
  15. Being mugged at an ATM- When I was in college a guy was murdered at the ATM I used that day. It was several hours after I had used it, but....
  16. Something happening to my children.
  17. Getting stuck at a job I hate
  18. Never living out my dreams.
  19. Being paralyzed
  20. Losing a parent/close friend or family member- Actually I have lost several friends and family members, but it is still a fear.
  21. Losing my perspective on life and why most of these things are nonsense.

10 comments:

AS said...

Pretty extensive list you got there.
Now people will read it and become paranoid about the stuff you put here ...good job!

Unknown said...

I am scared of being alone in my house...I admit it and tonight I am. PLUS...I am watching "Most Haunted LIVE" and there's the cemetary special on PBS AND a Ghosthunter's Halloween Special. So much to tape...and every time that tape player clicks on or off, it will scare the crap out of me.

Ezzie said...

I loved Oscar the Grouch!

Jack Steiner said...

JB,

The list was kind of fun to make. Face your fears.

Z,

Sometimes being home alone bothers me too.

Ezzie,

You survived the mean streets of Pepper Pike, you can handle anything.

Stacey said...

The mean streets of Pepper Pike?? Your ignorance is unabashedly shining through.

Jack Steiner said...

Monkey Stace,

You are a simian of the highest order. Suck on some fruit, will you. ;) Hee hee.

Ezzie said...

Pepper Pike?! No no... Cleveland Heights! Not very mean either - mostly RW Orthodox Jews.

Ezzie said...

Ha! Exactly!

Stacey said...

"The heights. Oy vey."

Oh, puh-lease. As if you've ever been there.

Ezzie said...

Stacey - he's still on the money...

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...