What Do You Hope To Accomplish

I received an email from someone who wants to know my goals/objectives are for this blog. Here they are in no particular order.

This is a place where I can air out my thoughts about life and the experiences I have had and will have. It is a place where I expect at some point in the future my children, grandchildren and beyond will be able to learn more about who I am/was and see that there is much more to me than the guy who put food on the table and played games with them.

The blog offers me an opportunity to continually practice my writing so that I can work upon honing my skills and take steps to try and improve them.

It also offers an opportunity to potentially be discovered, that is, maybe someone will love my writing and hire me to write a book. If this doesn't happen I will be fine because the initial goals/objectives are being met.

And in some respects the most important thing that this blog allows me to do is that it offers me the opportunity to interact with people I might not ever meet.

That is it for now.

6 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

Hi GF,

Good luck to both of us.

stc said...

I share some of your reasons, but I'll add one more.

It is difficult to find people who will engage in meaningful dialogue about meaningful issues.

I'm interested in religion, law, history, philosophy — all kinds of things. By blogging, I get to reflect on issues that interest me and thereby clarify my own thoughts … with the bonus that thoughtful people like you might interact with me.

In the end, the dialogue is what keeps me blogging.
Q

Jack Steiner said...

Q,

You are so right It is difficult to find people who will engage in meaningful dialogue about meaningful issues.

bornfool said...

I share the same goals, too.

rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Good goals.

Jack Steiner said...

Lejnd,

It is an experience, isn't it.

RF,

Thanks.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...