All It Takes is a Good Hug and A little Love.

Ok folks I have been mulling over a number of posts and decided to write this one first. I have received reader/blogger feedback regarding my post and comments on various blogs about Cindy Sheehan.

It has been kind of fun to be called names while they accuse me of being part of a smear campaign. I won't waste much time on this negavity other than to say that when you are elevated to the status of poster girl for the klan, the nazis and other assorted white supremacists you need to stop and take a hard look at yourself and ask how you got there.

Right now I'd like to focus on something much more enjoyable. I think that I am going to start my own campaign to improve the world. It is going to be the Jack's Shack Hug and Loveathon.

It is not as prurient as you might think, just a simple plan to spread some affection and watch the infection of love spread. I am not saying, I am telling you that a good hug will change your outlook. It cannot fix everything but it can improve many things.

So I am going to start scheming and dreaming about how to launch this campaign. In the meantime if things have got you down come look me up and I'll give you a hug that will knock your socks off or at the very least make you wonder if I am not part anaconda. ;)

And if you cannot find me then I suggest moving with haste to a parent, spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend, your child or coworker and try hugging them.

Just remember to ask them first so that you don't wind up in court on sexual harrassment charges.

**Updated** I just received word from The Shmata Queen that she wants to be first in line. I am pleased to accept her offer. Please note that this is open to men and women. Come one, come all and let's make like Jackie Wilson and put a little love in our hearts. ;)

9 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

Hey Jack...I think it was Jackie DeShannon, not Wilson, who put a little love in our hearts (believe me, I'm OOOOLLLDDD enough to remember!)

Jack Steiner said...

Oops. You are correct. I'll let Wilson take me 'Higher and Higher.'

Anonymous said...

I saw your picture and you look yummy.

Michael Suddard said...

sounds like a great idea!

Perhaps a photoshopped phote of Jacke hugging someone (or something) could be in order to put on the "have you hugged someone today?" campaign.

Photoshopped? I only mean to put in funky graphics and fonts in order to spice up the picture not airbrush anything. That is because I am sure Jack is a nice looking person. Not that I would know or anything :)

Sounds like the graphic(s)could be used on our blogsto link to this campaign or be seen on buttons or shirts in order to spread the good word of this campaign to improve the world.

Just a suggestion, no royalties required to be sent :)

Irina Tsukerman said...

LOL!
But the idea itself already makes me feel better!

Jack Steiner said...

No airbrushing, this all about acceptance and love.

Stacey said...

Uh, no thanks. I don't hug on the first date. ;)

Anonymous said...

I could use a little loving from a man.

Stacey said...

Find a different man.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...