Songs For Monday Evening May 2, 2005


  • Gimme Shelter The Rolling Stones
  • Who's Behind the Door? Zebra
  • Mr. Brightside The Killers
  • Numb / Encore\ Jay-Z & Linkin Park
  • Wanted Dead or Alive Bon Jovi
  • It's My Life Bon Jovi
  • Boulevard of Broken Dreams Green Day
  • How Soon Is Now Morrissey
  • World On Fire Sarah McLachlan
  • Stupid Sarah McLachlan
  • Visions of Paradise Mick Jagger
  • It's Been Awhile Staind
  • Where the Streets Have No Name (Live from Rotterdam) U2
  • 6th Avenue Heartache The Wallflowers
  • Love Reign O'er Me The Who
  • Stolen Car Beth Orton
  • Scream Billy Idol
  • This Is Radio Clash The Clash
  • Seven Drunken Nights The Dubliners
  • Knockin' on Heaven's Door Guns N' Roses
  • Always On My Mind Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson
  • Folsom Prison Blues Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson
  • Knockin' on Heaven's Door Bob Dylan
It is one of those nights where I am feeling restless, anxious, angry, happy, and a host of other emotions. As I read this I sound like a man who is just manic, but I really am sitting here very calmly. It has just been a busy evening, dealing with various family issues, most of which I have written about numerous times.

I'll get beyond all of this and it will all work out because that is how life is for me. It works out because I make it work, not any different than anyone else.

For me one of the most valuable aspects of this blog is the opportunity to just vent, release a little steam in a safe environment that allows for free expression in a stream of consciousness sort of way.

On the whole I have to say that life is good. Things are looking up in a variety of areas and ways. Now the trick is to just ride out the few storms that loom on the horizon and sail my little boat across the sea to the land of the Wild Things. Max did it, why can't I.

FWIW, my son and I read the book in English and Hebrew. A while ago someone pointed out that when I speak Hebrew I gain a funny fake Israeli accent and that my personality changes somewhat. Perhaps I'll blog more about this later.

At the moment I am going to sign off and read for a few moments and then fall asleep with a big smile on my face. Life is good.

P.S. Visions of Paradise keeps playing in my mind and it is not because of my last trip to the Zoo. ;)

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...