Thanksgiving by myself

The family just left for the first stop of the evening. Under normal circumstances I would be in the car driving, but today I am not quite there. My visit to the doc showed that I have a minor infection. It is not contagious and not real serious, but I am feeling a little worn out.

In a few minutes I will probably get dressed and head over the hill to make my appearance, but then again maybe I won't. I took a three hour nap and I am still tired. This is not typical and it is just irriatating.

At some point during the last five years my attitude about being sick changed and I don't know why. Aside from my digestive issues I rarely have problems, but now when I do I feel like it will never go away. I don't know why, it never used to be like that. I always felt like it would just go away.

It is not rational and it doesn't make me happy, but there is this sneaking suspicion that whatever I have plans on hanging out and making a home inside me. It is not like me, I am a positive person, but the feeling lingers a bit. Pretty strange.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

It is no fun to be sick during a holiday. :( Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

Monkey said...

I'm with Stacey!
:-(

Jack Steiner said...

Thank you both. I am hanging in. It can always be worse.

A Simple Jew said...

Jack, may you have a refuah sheleima!

I too am sick today, I almost passed out this morning with my tefillin on. I actually broke out into a cold sweat :( I felt it comming on yesterday, but I attributed my sluggishness to the turkey I ate.

Nevertheless, I came to work today since I thought it would be easier here without having to chase my two kids around the house. At least here I can sit down, relax, and drink a cup of coffee.

Get some rest, have some chicken soup, and feel better!

Jack Steiner said...

Same to you SJ, take care of yourself, Shabbos is coming soon.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...