It Is Black And White Or Is It

There was a time many years ago when I saw life in black and white terms. Things were one way or they were another and it was only on rare occasions I allowed for them to occupy shades of gray.

Somewhere during the last decade or maybe before, who can remember, I recognized things were different.

It wasn't necessarily by choice and it wasn't by desire.

Experience provided me with ample reason to look at the world in a different way and I left the shelter of black and white.

It doesn't mean there aren't things to me that are black and white because there are many but it is not like it once was.

And so I have reached a crossroads where I feel like I am staring at a 'will or won't' moment. Things will go one way and I'll cross the bridge or they'll go another and I'll fall off of the bridge.

Given a choice I'll cross because falling off is going to hurt and though I can take it I have no desire to do so.

Fact is I write I can take it more for me than for you. It is a reminder.

I keep looking at this bridge wondering if maybe there is another way other than the two I see before me but I can't find it.

Sort of scares me...sort of.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...