Blog Maintenance: Details Matter

Sometimes I feel like a walking contradiction because if you ask me about whether details matter I will tell absolutely not and then tell exactly why they do. Course I'll probably break it up into chunks of stories about when it is true and when it is not because both are applicable here.

Anyhoo I don't plan on boring you with a list of those things or giving you a post dedicated to how people think they are logical but often aren't.

Instead let's talk about my main blog and cover some of what I have been doing.

Every day for the last week or so I have put time in trying to remove/repair broken links, add pictures to posts that don't have any tweak the SEO.

It is not just because the goal is to improve the organic search traffic but because of the tiny details. Every time someone visits my blog they are visiting my cyber home and I hate having guests discover clutter, chaos and disaster.

It is kind of funny to me because I think of myself as being laid back and relaxed about this kind of stuff but the more I think about it there more I realize/accept I am not laid back about this. I feel foolish when you discover those broken links.

If I am trying to tell a story I want that link to work. If I provided a video it is because it adds depth and layers to the tale and if that is gone, well what I hope had substance might become flat. It is troubling to me.

So here I am, taking care of the details and thinking about all of the stories I have to share, there are many but we'll get to those later.

In the interim may I offer:


And:


No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...