All My Bags Are Packed- Father's Day Post

Spent a chunk of the day packing, sorting and sifting through things. We're one step closer to launching the next tour of the Traveling Jack show.

Most of the prep work has been done- ticket has been purchased, clothes have been selected etc. Got a few days before launch and I am excited.

It is good stuff that I am looking at but I would be lying if I said anticipation wasn't making me a little bit crazy. Yet because I am a walking contradiction there is a piece of me that is a bit nervous.

Reminds me a bit of Bruce singing Cautious Man. A couple of sections of the song come to mind:

"Bill Horton was a cautious man of the road
He walked lookin' over his shoulder and remained faithful to its code
When something caught his eye he'd measure his need
And then very carefully he'd proceed" 
and


"On his right hand Billy'd tattooed the word love and on his left hand was the word fear
And in which hand he held his fate was never clear" 
If I have learned one thing in life it is that you can't ever get to where you are going if you aren't willing to walk through the doors that open. Sometimes door number one is the path to glory and sometimes it is not, but you can't figure it out while standing on the outside looking in.

So I am rolling the dice and giving in to chance and choice to see what happens. Ain't life grand.

No comments:

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...