Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

As promised here is my nickel review of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It rocked! I really enjoyed it.

The studio took advantage of having an audience that is well versed and familiar with the series. They didn't waste time trying to explain the back story behind various plot lines or to give any sort of explanation for those who haven't read the books.

For me part of the fun is that we have watched the Harry, Ron and Hermione grow up on screen. They went from being these little babies who looked like they were swimming in their robes to young adults experiencing the angst of love and the great challenge of their lives.

It is not Shakespeare and it doesn't try to be. It is just a lot of fun.

**Spoiler**

You can call it getting my geek on, but the Fall of Dumbledore was touching. It reminded me a bit of Gandalf's battle with the Balrog in the Mines of Moria, but that had a different outcome.

Anyhoo, the movie is a bit longer than 2 hours. For me the telling part was that I never found myself checking my watch. Once the film started I sat back with my popcon and enjoyed the show.

3 comments:

marallyn said...

israel is showing all the old harry potter movies now on tv...getting ready for the latest...i can't wait to see it too...glad to hear it was that good...shabbat shalom

Jack Steiner said...

Good Shabbos to you too.

hechizos said...

You would understand more of the seventh Harry Potter if you read the other books first but you can get it if you want to. The books are BETTER than the movies! They give a lot more detail.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...