Beatles top Variety 100-year entertainment poll

"LOS ANGELES - The Beatles were singled out Friday as the most influential entertainers of the past 100 years, beating out the likes of Elvis Presley, Charlie Chaplin and Mickey Mouse, according to a survey conducted by show business newspaper Variety.

Behind the Fab Four’s first-place finish, were in alphabetical order: jazz pioneer Louis Armstrong, television comedienne Lucille Ball, movie legends Humphrey Bogart, Marlon Brando, Charlie Chaplin, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe, cartoon hero Mickey Mouse and singers Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra.

Variety said the Beatles were named “Icons of the Century” because they were the entertainment personalities who made the biggest impact on the industry and the world in the past 100 years."

I'd give you a link to the entire list, but I can't find it. If you see it leave it in the comments and I'll add it to the story.

6 comments:

rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Oh yes. I love them do.

Stacey said...

They would be my pick, too. I love the Beatles!!

cruisin-mom said...

Absolutely true...from clothing, to hair styles, to personality, and of course, amazing music (that still holds up 40 years later)!

Jack Steiner said...

I'd comment on this, but since I cannot find the list I am not sure whether I agree or disagree.

rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Are people prudently ignoring my Beatle-esque pun?

Jack Steiner said...

I don't know. My world has been Helter-Skelter since the auto accident.

Not Quite Abandoned

I didn't think it had been as many months away from here as it has clearly been. I was certain I had updated this place in December and ...